Your shoulder has a wide variety of motion muscles that make them move freely. If there is something wrong with your shoulder, it affects the ability of the shoulder motions leading to pain and discomfort in them. Such types of conditions require shoulder pain treatment NYC
The shoulder is made up of two joints including the acromioclavicular joint and the glenohumeral joint. It comprises three main bones that involve the humerus (long arm bone), the clavicle (collarbone), and the scapula (also known as the shoulder blade).
The shoulder joint makes your shoulder move forward and backward. It also lets the arm move in a circular motion. If you are experiencing pain in your shoulder, get shoulder pain treatment New York.
What causes shoulder pain?
Multiple factors and conditions may be responsible for shoulder pain. The most common factor is rotator cuff tendinitis. This type of condition may exaggerate due to swollen tendons. Another common cause of shoulder pain is impingement syndrome in which the rotator cuff gets trapped between the acromion and humeral head. Consult a shoulder pain specialist in New York to know the cause and choice of the treatment.
Sometimes it may develop due to the injury to another place in your body like the neck or biceps, known as referred pain. Generally, it doesn’t increase when you move your shoulder.
Additional causes of shoulder pain include:
- torn cartilage
- torn rotator cuff
- swollen bursa sacs or tendons
- A pinched nerve in the neck or shoulder
- Injured shoulder or arm bone
- Suspended shoulder
- Disjointed shoulder
- Pain due to overuse or repetitive use
- spinal cord damage
- heart attack
How to Diagnose?
When you visit shoulder pain treatment manhattan, he/she only can identify the real cause of your shoulder pain. Doctors will inquire about your medical history and can do a physical examination. They may prescribe an X-ray or MRI to get an accurate picture of your shoulder to determine the cause of shoulder pain.
What are the treatment choices for shoulder pain?
Treatment will be determined according to the level of the severity of the shoulder pain. You may get physical or occupational therapy or surgery to get rid of the pain. Moreover, your shoulder pain doctor NYC may also prescribe you anti-inflammatory drugs that should be taken orally. Corticosteroids are one of the strong anti-inflammatory drugs, which either can be taken orally or through injections into your shoulder.
If you have extensive issues regarding your shoulder pain, you may be recommended for surgery. After the surgery, you will have to follow some instructions properly such as:
- Post-surgery shoulder pain can be treated at home. You can massage your shoulder using ice packs for fifteen to twenty minutes, three to four times a day. You can do it with an ice bag or wrap ice in a towel as putting ice directly on the skin may cause a burning sensation over the area.
- You should avoid shoulder movements for several days as can be painful. It will take some time to go back to the normal activity.
- You may be recommended with over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications to suppress the pain and inflammation. You may use an elastic bandage to compress the area so that the swelling could be reduced.
If your shoulder pain is not curable by home remedies, consult your doctor immediately to know the options of the treatment.